The DAC1 is a reference-quality, 2-channel 192-kHz 24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter featuring Benchmark’s UltraLock™ technology. The DAC1 is designed for maximum transparency and is well suited for critical playback in studio control rooms and in mastering rooms. A compact and rugged enclosure makes the DAC1 an excellent choice for location recording, broadcast facilities, and mobile trucks.
Benchmark products are designed and manufactured in the USA.
Benchmark's award-winning DAC1 has become a standard in the finest recording studios and mastering rooms. Audio engineers rely of the accurate, uncolored, and precise sound of Benchmark DAC1 converters. The DAC1 is free from digital artifacts and its analog sound eliminates the fatigue that is caused by many digital devices. Audiophiles have also discovered the smooth and detailed sound of the DAC1, and it has become a centerpiece in may home listening rooms.
FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE
• Two Channel, 24-bit, 192-kHz, D-to-A Conversion
• Plays 192-kHz with 52-kHz analog bandwidth
• Direct connection to powered monitors
• Total jitter immunity via UltraLock™ technology!
• 116 dB signal-to-noise ratio @ 48-kHz, A weighted
• THD+N = -107 dB (0.00045%) measured at
-3 dBFS, any sample rate, any test frequency
• AES, S/PDIF, and Toslink inputs
• Digital input source-selection switch
• Variable or preset output level controls
• Balanced Low-Z XLR outputs
• Unbalanced RCA outputs
• Automatic de-emphasis for 44.1, 48, and
96-kHz when pre-emphasis bit is set
• Headphone amp = 0.0003% THD into 60 Ω
• Output-off switch position for headphone-only use
• Front panel power and error indicating LEDs
• Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
• International 120 - 240 input voltage range
• 1/2 wide, 1RU high chassis
• Machined aluminum front panel
• Rack mount kit available
The DAC1 is a two-channel, 24-bit, 192-kHz Digital-to-Analog
audio converter. It is, perhaps, one of the more significant recent
advances in digital-audio conversion technology.
Listening to audio from the DAC1 is an absolutely truthful
experience. The distortion free output is so pristine you can now
hear detail which was previously masked by jitter induced artifacts
and distortion. If the recording was exceptional, you’ll hear it; if it
wasn’t, you’ll hear that as well.
The DAC1 is a 192-kHz converter, and will playback 192-kHz
signals with a 52-kHz analog bandwidth. THD+N is an
astonishing low -105 dB (0.00056%) measured at 0 dBFS, and
-107 dB measured at -3 dBFS – at any playback frequency, at
any sample rate, and with any degree of input jitter.
The secret? UltraLock™ technology.
Additional features include: phase-coherence between units,
auto-detection and processing of pre-emphasized digital audio,
and an ultrahigh performance HPA-2 headphone amplifier with
dual outputs. The DAC1 has an internal, international toroidal
The front panel level-control always adjusts the headphone output
level. The front panel level-control can also be selected to adjust
the output levels at the rear of the converter. Alternately, the output
levels can be set at a fixed gain with precision, rear panel; 10-turn
trim pots. The balanced output level range is +10 dBu to +29 dBu at
The DAC1 is essential equipment for mastering and recording
studios, broadcast facilities, even audiophile home stereo
installations, and all locations that require uncolored monitoring.